[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.7pre1 Oops

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Sat, 05 Apr 2008 21:25:51 -0400

05/04/08 07:59 PM, Simon Wilkinson:
> As far as I can tell, the configure test for INIT_MM is bogus on 2.6,
> which has an empty modversions.h. When I asked about detecting the
> 'exported' state of a kernel symbol, I was told the only way to do so
> was via a weak reference at runtime.

Yes the test is bogus. I had a reworked version of the test in the second patch
(see the v2 patch in the ticket), along with some adjustments in acinclude.m4.

It doesn't rely on a weak reference.  If the symbol is not exported, the
"AC_TRY_KBUILD26" macro gets a warning during modpost, and any undefined symbol
is considered a failure.

Marc