[OpenAFS-devel] rx help: getting ubik_Call() to fail quickly and quietly

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:04:11 +0100

On 7 Apr 2008, at 04:33, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Hi.  I'm putting the finishing touches on a library which makes calls
> to ptserver via ubik_Call().  It's really important that:

I hope you're using the ubik_* versions of the relevant RPCs, rather
than using ubik_Call directly. ubik_Call isn't typesafe, and will
hopefully die off.

>   2. ...if the network is down (say, early in the boot process), the
>      calls fail quickly, without re-attempting.

You want to set the dead time of the underlying RX connections. I
don't think you can do this through the ubik interface, but you can
probably do it by calling rx_SetRxDeadTime() directly.

SImon.