[OpenAFS-devel] Re: rx help: getting ubik_Call() to fail quickly and quietly

Adam Megacz megacz@hcoop.net
Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:13:50 -0700

Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
> I hope you're using the ubik_* versions of the relevant RPCs, rather
> than using ubik_Call directly. ubik_Call isn't typesafe, and will
> hopefully die off.

Ah, yeah, oughta fix that.  By the way, is there some grand unified
"AFS API reference" somewhere?

>>   2. ...if the network is down (say, early in the boot process), the
>>      calls fail quickly, without re-attempting.

> You want to set the dead time of the underlying RX connections. I
> don't think you can do this through the ubik interface, but you can
> probably do it by calling rx_SetRxDeadTime() directly.

Thanks.  I also realized that just checking for /afs/$CELL/ is an
acceptable proxy for whether or not the network is reachable.

  http://git.hcoop.net/?p=megacz/libnss-afs.git;a=commitdiff;h=43d1801e7ebb08fe927747e1de8eefa0ae294957

  - a