[OpenAFS-devel] fail to rebuild openafs-1.4.6-1.3.src.rpm on Fedora 8 ...

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:19:14 +0100

On 14 Apr 2008, at 18:17, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On 14 Apr 2008, at 18:12, Kambiz Aghaiepour wrote:
>> Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>>> http://www.openafs.org/release/1.4.6/index-fedora-8.html
>>
>> Does this mean I need to revert to older kernels in order to be
>> able to build for Fedora 8?  I'm running the latest kernel
>> 2.6.24.4-64.fc8
>> for which there is no prebuilt rpm.
>
> No, it means that either
> a) I need to work out why that RPM hasn't made it to the website yet.

Of course, it does help if I have actually built the RPMs.

Up to date kernel module RPMs for Fedoras 5->8, and RHEL5, both i386
and x86_64 are now available from http://www.openafs.org/release/
openafs-1.4.6.html
(Thanks to Derrick for the rapid upload!)

S.