[OpenAFS-devel] Erratic kernel Oops (afsd-1.4.7_pre3 and Linux-2.6.25)

Gautam Iyer gi1242@stanford.edu
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:07:03 -0700

--2JFBq9zoW8cOFH7v

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:56:57PM -0400, Derrick Brashear wrote:

>>  I was wondering where I can find out more about GCPAGs? Will it
>>  eventually consume all my free memory if I leave it unset?
>=20
> A grue will eventually come by and eat your system, yes.
>=20
>> And is there a particular reason it caused me trouble recently (I was
>> happily running 2.6.24 kernels with OpenAFS and GCPAGs. It only broke
>> on 2.6.25 kernels).
>=20
> The bit where "no functionality you use now will disappear behind
> GPL_ONLY, just new stuff"? Well, yes. As long as you don't want to do
> the old stuff anymore. Like safe access to certain data structures.

Lol. Thanks,

GI

--=20
The 10 Commandments of DOS:
4. Thy application program and data shall all fit in 640K of RAM. After
all, it's ten times what you had on a CP/M machine. Keep holy this 640K
of RAM, and clutter it not with device drivers, memory managers, or
other things that might make thy computer useful.

--2JFBq9zoW8cOFH7v

--2JFBq9zoW8cOFH7v--