[OpenAFS-devel] Erratic kernel Oops (afsd-1.4.7_pre3 and Linux-2.6.25)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:56:57 -0400

>  I was wondering where I can find out more about GCPAGs? Will it
>  eventually consume all my free memory if I leave it unset?

A grue will eventually come by and eat your system, yes.

> And is there
>  a particular reason it caused me trouble recently (I was happily running
>  2.6.24 kernels with OpenAFS and GCPAGs. It only broke on 2.6.25 kernels).

The bit where "no functionality you use now will disappear behind
GPL_ONLY, just new stuff"? Well, yes. As long as you don't want to do
the old stuff anymore. Like safe access to certain data structures.