[OpenAFS-devel] AFS cache manager documentation

Dragos Tatulea dragos.tatulea@gmail.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:54:27 +0300

------=_Part_2084_26953039.1208879667616

Hello again,

    During the Google Summer of Code "community bonding period" the students
have to become aquainted with the OpenAFS internals. In order to make the
best of this month, I would like to document all the gained info on the
Cache Manager. There are multiple ways of doing this. Jeffrey Altman
mentioned two types of documentation that he would like to see:
- per module architectural docs, providing a general description of a module
(e.g.: VNOPS, dcache, vcache, etc).
- per function docs, describing it's use and contents.
He suggested doxygen for this.
   What are your opinions on this? Do you have alternatives? Would you like
to contribute ? Properly documented sources would be a a big plus for the
community. It's not really clear for me how these "changes" will get
merged.  I'm waiting for your input.

Bye,
Dragos T.

------=_Part_2084_26953039.1208879667616

Hello again,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; During the Google Summer of Code &quot;community bonding period&quot; the students have to become aquainted with the OpenAFS internals. In order to make the best of this month, I would like to document all the gained info on the Cache Manager. There are multiple ways of doing this. Jeffrey Altman mentioned two types of documentation that he would like to see: <br>

------=_Part_2084_26953039.1208879667616--