[OpenAFS-devel] [Gsoc'08] Student Introduction - Vishal

Vishal Powar vishal.cse.iitk@gmail.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:41:52 +0530

------=_Part_12315_28868032.1208887912052

Hello all,

This is Vishal from India which is (+5:30 GMT), I am going to have long
sleepless nights from now on ;). I am in the final year of my masters degree
in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT-Kanpur and rite now I am working
on finishing my thesis report (a big pain). Before this I have worked for
two years in software industry where I coded in C\C++. During my
undergraduate years I worked with some of my friends to implement a
distributed lock manager which was based on the openDLM project. I am sure
that this experience would help me ramp up quickly for the project.

The project I would be working on is 'Read/Write replication for
openAFS'. Derrick
Brashear and Tom Keiser would be mentoring me while I am working on this
project. I am really looking forward to working with all of you :).

Cheers!!
    - Vishal

------=_Part_12315_28868032.1208887912052

Hello all,<br>
This is Vishal from India which is (+5:30 GMT), I am going to have long
sleepless nights from now on ;). I am in the final year of my masters
degree in Computer Science and Engineering at IIT-Kanpur and rite now I
am working on finishing my thesis report (a big pain). Before this I
have worked for two years in software industry where I coded in C\C++. During my undergraduate
years I worked with some of my friends to implement a distributed lock
manager which was based on the openDLM project. I am sure that this
experience would help me ramp up quickly for the project.<br>
The project I would be working on is &#39;Read/Write replication for openAFS&#39;. <span class="ppt" id="_user_shadow@dementia.org">Derrick Brashear and </span><span class="ppt" id="_user_tkeiser@gmail.com">Tom Keiser would be mentoring me while I am working on this project.</span> I am really looking forward to working with all of you :).<br>

Cheers!!<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Vishal

------=_Part_12315_28868032.1208887912052--