[OpenAFS-devel] application for gsoc2010[ Cooperative caching ]

yf6789@gmail.com yf6789@gmail.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:26:24 +0800

这是一封 MIME 格式的多方邮件。

------=_NextPart_000_0142_01CAD2AB.25A91900

a.. Name: YangFeng=20
a.. College/University:  Nanjing university of astronautics and =
aeronautics=20
a.. Course/Major: computer science=20
a.. Degree Program: M, Sc.=20
a.. Email: yangfeng@nuaa.edu.cn

1. You may not have a second job when working on OpenAFS GSoC.  We =
expect a minimum of 30 hours a week of dedicated work on  your project.  =
It is likely that you will need to spend more time than that when you =
include the time spent communicating with your mentor(s), and on =
developing new skills necessary to complete your project.
   ANS: I think I can offer 40 hours an week when working on OpenAFS. =
Last year, I have an internship in a anti-virus cooperation and the time =
can be assured.

2. You must have excellent network connectivity on a regular basis.  It =
is extremely hard to develop for a distributed network file system =
without access to the Internet.  In particular, you need to be able to =
access source code repositories, Kerberos KDCs for authentication, and =
OpenAFS services.  This will require that a broad range of both tcp and =
udp ports be open for access to the external world.  If you are =
dependent upon your University's network and they firewall access to the =
outside world, it may be very difficult for you to work on OpenAFS.  =
Access to Jabber conference rooms and IRC for communication with your =
mentors and the community are critical.
   ANS: My network is 1.5M, so the connection is ok.

3. You must know how to compile a C program and use a debugger at a =
rudimentary level.  For Linux, gcc and gdb.  For Windows, Visual Studio =
2005.
    ANS: My major is computer science and now I am a master student. I =
have solid knowledge in C and C++. I have experience in programming =
under Linux and windows. For Linux, I use emacs, gdb and gcc. For win, I =
use vs2005.

4. The time that our mentors spend working with you on a GSoC project is =
extremely valuable. The majority of our mentors are undertaking that =
role in addition to full time employment. Please make the most of their =
time. If you are having a problem, tell us about it as soon as possible =
so that it can be addressed.  If you promise to deliver something, do so =
or warn your mentor as soon as you know that you will miss the promised =
delivery date.  If your mentor is not available, ask on the IRC channel =
or the Jabber conference room, and other members of the community will =
be happy to help.  We will do all we can to make GSoC a success for you, =
if you put in the effort at the work and the communication, but we will =
fail you if you're not putting that effort in.
  ANS: During internship experience, I worked under a mentor undertook =
full time job and I had a very harmony time with my mentor. Time is one =
of the most valuable resource for software developer.

------=_NextPart_000_0142_01CAD2AB.25A91900

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dgb2312>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3660" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT =
face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5>
<DIV>
<LI>Name: YangFeng=20
<LI>College/University:&nbsp; Nanjing university of astronautics and =
aeronautics=20

<LI>Course/Major: computer science=20
<LI>Degree Program: M, Sc.=20
<LI>Email: <A title=3D"mailto:yangfeng@nuaa.edu.cn&#10;CTRL + =
=B5=A5=BB=F7=D2=D4=CF=C2=C1=B4=BD=D3"=20
href=3D"mailto:yangfeng@nuaa.edu.cn">yangfeng@nuaa.edu.cn</A></LI></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. You may not have a second job when working on OpenAFS =
GSoC.&nbsp; We=20
expect a minimum of 30 hours a week of dedicated work on&nbsp; your=20
project.&nbsp; It is likely that you will need to spend more time than =
that when=20
you include the time spent communicating with your mentor(s), and on =
developing=20
new skills necessary to complete your project.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; ANS: I think I can offer 40 hours an week when working =
on=20
OpenAFS. Last year, I have an internship in a anti-virus cooperation and =
the=20
time can be assured.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2. You must have excellent network connectivity on a regular =
basis.&nbsp;=20
It is extremely hard to develop for a distributed network file system =
without=20
access to the Internet.&nbsp; In particular, you need to be able to =
access=20
source code repositories, Kerberos KDCs for authentication, and OpenAFS=20
services.&nbsp; This will require that a broad range of both tcp and udp =
ports=20
be open for access to the external world.&nbsp; If you are dependent =
upon your=20
University's network and they firewall access to the outside world, it =
may be=20
very difficult for you to work on OpenAFS.&nbsp; Access to Jabber =
conference=20
rooms and IRC for communication with your mentors and the community are=20
critical.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; ANS: My network is 1.5M, so the connection is =
ok.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3. You must know how to compile a C program and use a debugger at a =

rudimentary level.&nbsp; For Linux, gcc and gdb.&nbsp; For Windows, =
Visual=20
Studio 2005.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;<FONT size=3D2>&nbsp; ANS: My major is computer science =
and now I=20
am a master student. I have solid knowledge in C and C++. I have =
experience in=20
programming under Linux and windows. For Linux, I use emacs, gdb and =
gcc. For=20
win, I use vs2005.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>4. The time that our mentors spend working with you on a GSoC =
project is=20
extremely valuable. The majority of our mentors are undertaking that =
role in=20
addition to full time employment. Please make the most of their time. If =
you are=20
having a problem, tell us about it as soon as possible so that it can be =

addressed.&nbsp; If you promise to deliver something, do so or warn your =
mentor=20
as soon as you know that you will miss the promised delivery date.&nbsp; =
If your=20
mentor is not available, ask on the IRC channel or the Jabber conference =
room,=20
and other members of the community will be happy to help.&nbsp; We will =
do all=20
we can to make GSoC a success for you, if you put in the effort at the =
work and=20
the communication, but we will fail you if you're not putting that =
effort=20
in.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; ANS: During internship experience, I worked under a mentor =
undertook=20
full time job and I had a very harmony time with my mentor. Time is one =
of the=20
most valuable resource for software developer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0142_01CAD2AB.25A91900--