rx/simple.example broken (Re: [OpenAFS-devel] IPv6 Status)

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:48:07 +0000

On 4 Mar 2012, at 04:34, "Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil=
> wrote:

> this seems to build correctly on centos 6.2 with the 1_6_x branch.

Any work on RX really needs to be based on the current master tree. There's q=
uite a lot of work been done there, in particular in terms of structure hidi=
ng, that are an important precursor to IPv6.

> besides changing sockaddr_in with sockaddr_in6=20

The real problem with RX is the use of afs_int32 and friends to represent ne=
twork addresses. That's going to need to be replaced with a more generic str=
ucture (hopefully a union of various types so we can generalise our protocol=
 support further in the future)

In addition, the various hash functions will have to be updated to cater for=
 differing size addresses. I recently added support for Bob Jenkins' hash fu=
nctions to opr, which can be built upon to hash arbitrary length binary obje=
cts.

Finally, it's worth noting that there's no protocol changes required to RX f=
or IPv6 support - network addresses are never used by RX on the wire.

Cheers,

Simon=