[OpenAFS-devel] Documentation of dependencies required to build OpenAFS?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:56:23 -0500

I'm looking for a file that lists the dependencies required to build
OpenAFS on various platforms, particularly for testing purposes (so that
someone building OpenAFS can ensure that everything that is normally built
will be built).  For example, building everything on stock FreeBSD 10.0
appears to require:

- autoconf
- automake
- fusefs-libs
- libtool
- pkgconf

I have openjdk 7 installed but I'm not sure if any of the Java code is
built (or indeed if there is any Java code that can usefully be built at
this point -- the Java stuff looks like abandonware).  Building the
documentation additionally requires:

- perl
- dblatex
- libxslt
- docbook-xsl
- python
- ruby (for dbtoepub, but this doesn't actually work because docbook-xsl
doesn't install dbtoepub with the executable bit set)
- zip (for dbtoepub)

I'd be happy to submit a patch that records this information somewhere
(README.DEVEL?) if other people think that's useful.

-GAWollman