[OpenAFS-devel] Documentation of dependencies required to build OpenAFS?

Booker Bense bbense@gmail.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:31:27 -0800

--001a113aaa3e112cfe04f25140c2

I made some attempt to document this in a programatic way using Vagrant and
Chef in this project.

https://github.com/bbense/ParkBench

I ran out of steam on it, but if you've got the energy I think even just
adding enough to get a FreeBSD VM to compile
would be a nice step.

- Booker C. Bense

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Garrett Wollman <wollman@csail.mit.edu>wrote:

> I'm looking for a file that lists the dependencies required to build
> OpenAFS on various platforms, particularly for testing purposes (so that
> someone building OpenAFS can ensure that everything that is normally built
> will be built).  For example, building everything on stock FreeBSD 10.0
> appears to require:
>
> - autoconf
> - automake
> - fusefs-libs
> - libtool
> - pkgconf
>
> I have openjdk 7 installed but I'm not sure if any of the Java code is
> built (or indeed if there is any Java code that can usefully be built at
> this point -- the Java stuff looks like abandonware).  Building the
> documentation additionally requires:
>
> - perl
> - dblatex
> - libxslt
> - docbook-xsl
> - python
> - ruby (for dbtoepub, but this doesn't actually work because docbook-xsl
> doesn't install dbtoepub with the executable bit set)
> - zip (for dbtoepub)
>
> I'd be happy to submit a patch that records this information somewhere
> (README.DEVEL?) if other people think that's useful.
>
> -GAWollman

--001a113aaa3e112cfe04f25140c2

tps://github.com/bbense/ParkBench">https://github.com/bbense/ParkBench</a><=
br>
he energy I think even just adding enough to get a FreeBSD VM to compile</d=
=A0</div>
 Feb 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Garrett Wollman <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:wollman@csail.mit.edu" target=3D"_blank">wollman@csail.mit.edu</a>&g=
t;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I&#39;m looking for a file that lists the de=
pendencies required to build OpenAFS on various platforms, particularly for=
 testing purposes (so that someone building OpenAFS can ensure that everyth=
ing that is normally built will be built). =A0For example, building everyth=
ing on stock FreeBSD 10.0 appears to require:<br>

- autoconf<br>
- automake<br>
- fusefs-libs<br>
- libtool<br>
- pkgconf<br>
I have openjdk 7 installed but I&#39;m not sure if any of the Java code is =
built (or indeed if there is any Java code that can usefully be built at th=
is point -- the Java stuff looks like abandonware). =A0Building the documen=
tation additionally requires:<br>

- perl<br>
- dblatex<br>
- libxslt<br>
- docbook-xsl<br>
- python<br>
- ruby (for dbtoepub, but this doesn&#39;t actually work because docbook-xs=
l doesn&#39;t install dbtoepub with the executable bit set)<br>
- zip (for dbtoepub)<br>
I&#39;d be happy to submit a patch that records this information somewhere =
(README.DEVEL?) if other people think that&#39;s useful.<br>
-GAWollman<br>