[OpenAFS] admin problem with AFS - krb5

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
14 May 2001 22:31:07 +0200

Derek Atkins <warlord@mit.edu> writes:

> What name did you put in the AFS PTS DB?  You will need to use
> 'schulz.admin' and not 'schulz/admin' due to naming differences
> between k4 (AFS) and k5.

That one worked. But now, I want to create an afs user for my hosts
(that is, the client-local root users) too. How do I need to translate
the k5 principal

host/iwr07.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de@IWRMM.UNI-KARLSRUHE.DE

to the afs user name? What to do with the dots? A naive idea of

        pts createuser -name "host.iwr01\.mathematik\.uni-karlsruhe\.de"

did only yield:

pts: Badly formed name (group prefix doesn't match owner?) ;
unable to create user host.iwr07\.mathematik\.uni-karlsruhe\.de

Without the slashes, no error message appears, but it does not work
nevertheless. I cannot image to be the first to face that problem, but
I did not find the answer in the FAQ.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung