[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS filesystems from daemons?

Ed L Cashin ecashin@terry.uga.edu
15 May 2001 16:24:52 -0400

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Eric Knudstrup wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to use my afs filesystem from my web server (ie, nobody
> > present to klog), and I was wondering where it might be documented?
>
> If you have kerberos tools, just use either ksrvtgt or kauth, then call
> aklog, in your script. you'll need to set up an appropriately owned srvtab
> or keytab, obviously

If you aren't using Kerberos can't you set up a machine-based group,
if there are no users on the web server except admins?  I might have
gotten the term wrong, since I'm reading the IBM docs now and may have
forgotten -- you were supposed to be able to grant rights based on
IP.

--
--Ed Cashin                   PGP public key:
  ecashin@terry.uga.edu       http://www.terry.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/