[OpenAFS] Using OpenAFS filesystems from daemons?

aeneous@speakeasy.org aeneous@speakeasy.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 21:30:23 -0400

> > On Mon, 14 May 2001, Eric Knudstrup wrote:
> >
> > > I want to be able to use my afs filesystem from my web server (ie,
> > nobody
> > > present to klog), and I was wondering where it might be documented?

Another thing you can do is to use IP addresses on your ACLs, or allow
anonymous read access (system:anyuser).  If the underlying data is going to be
anonymously available via the web, then there's no reason not to allow
'system:anyuser rl'.  That will be more secure in the long run than having
authenticated long-running daemons, and might perform ever so slightly better
as well.