[OpenAFS] Kernel module source rpms

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Tue, 15 May 2001 18:30:51 -0400 (EDT)

On 15 May 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I knew about redhat.sh and Makefile.extradefs missing.  I've got
> a patch for that.  I also know that even with those files it
> doesn't work right.  I haven't done the legwork to figure that out.
>
> Thanks for letting me know that the patch failed.  I'll look into
> that, too.

Hmm.  By "doesn't work right", are you referring to the build or the
operation of AFS using the built module?  Once I stuck a -DAFS_SMP in
CFLAGS in the Makefile (and hand-applied the failed patches), it built
without any complaints, loaded and ran.

I haven't severely stress-tested it yet, but this box locked up in seconds
with the 1.03 release.  To even be up this long is a distinct improvement.

What type of misbehavior should I be on the lookout for?

Steve