[OpenAFS] Re: Mandrake 8.0

Patrick Sodre sodre@sodre.dhs.org
Thu, 17 May 2001 04:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Derek,
   First I apologize for taking so long to answer you back. Here is what
is going on.
    1) I uninstalled the rpms that I did and installed the ones that are
at openafs.org
    2) Then, i installed the openafs-kernel-source ... built the module
and put it in /usr/vice/etc/modload.
    3) ran /etc/init.d/afs start
    4) kloged to sodre@wam.umd.edu and made sure the token was there
    5) Accessed the /afs dir, and, to my surprise, I was sent back
       to my root (/) directory. I did an "df" to see what was mounted on
my system and the AFS was not listed there.
    6) I tried unloading the afs service by doing /etc/init.d/afs stop but
it does not let me unload it since it can't umount the /afs directory.

  There were some changes to the system ( glibc libstdc++ updates ). Maybe
that is the reason why the system did not crash this time + i was not in
X.
   This e-mail is getting to long... Last thing is that  I'm sure there
is something wrong that prevents openAFS from working on the Mandrake releases
unless a full rebuild of the sources is done AND/OR you change the kernel
to the standard one.

Patrick Sodre Carlos

PS: Again, I volunteer to send the binaries that I compiled on my Mandrake
8.0 machine.