Corrupted files (was Re: [OpenAFS] infected files?)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 23 May 2001 10:17:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Kevin Coffman wrote:

> I downloaded the openafs-1.0.4-src.tar.gz file yesterday on my Windows
> NT machine.  My VirusScan client quickly complained that the file
> contained a virus (it wouldn't tell me which virus it thought is was,
> and couldn't clean the file).

rsync when copying the file from one host to another apparently corrupted
it; We saw it with several other binary files. Someone alerted me
yesterday and I just whaven't fixed it yet.