[OpenAFS] ...Those That Help Themselves

Mike W Ellwood m.w.ellwood@rl.ac.uk
Wed, 30 May 2001 18:08:08 +0100 (BST)

On 30 May 2001, William Setzer wrote:

> After our own bad experience, reading the number of horror stories
> being posted to these lists, and hearing from other Universities with
> similar tales, it has become fairly clear that IBM doesn't really care
> about AFS, and we are unlikely to see things getting better.  This is
> a big problem for NCSU, as AFS is a core component of making our
> academic environment work, and there's really nothing available with
> which to replace it.  I am certain that many of you are in the same
> boat.

Is anyone actually running production servers on OpenAFS yet?

If so, on which platforms?

Thank you.

Mike Ellwood                                      Mike.Ellwood@rl.ac.uk
               speaking for himself, and not for:
               CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
                     Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon
                     GB           OX11 0QX
Tel: 01235-446161                                 Fax:01235-446626