[OpenAFS] one solaris client suddenly can't mount

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
31 May 2001 13:35:52 -0400

"Stotler, John" <jstotler@quelsys.com> writes:

> Sorry for the personal reply, it was intended for the list.
>
> This is what I've got in the FileLog:
>
> Thu May 31 09:18:59 2001 CB: RCallBackConnectBack failed for e00a8c0.22811
> Thu May 31 11:05:23 2001 ProbeUuid failed for host e00a8c0.22811

Is your client's IP Address 192.168.0.14?  If not, then what machine
has that IP Address?

Basically, this log entry is saying that the RCallBackConnectBack RPC
failed, as did the ProbeUuid callback.  This generally means that the
server cannot contact your client, for one reason or another.  The
"22811" is "7001", but byte-order-swapped.

> This remains greek to me.
>
> I'll have to build the utilities for Solaris, at the moment I have only
> built them for Linux.

The OpenAFS build process should have built all the utilities
automatically.  Look in .../dest/bin/

-derek