[OpenAFS] uss: no quorum elected while accessing Protection Server

Nicholas Basila nbasila@bottlecapnotes.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 18:22:07 -0400

Hi,

    I'm having an odd problem with OpenAFS on Redhat 7.1 (i386).
    I created the first server; I had no problems creating new users
with uss. However, when I added a second server, there were problems. I
can no longer create new users. I can see all the files properly in
/afs, and it seems that both the client and server processes are running
on both servers, but any attempt to use uss to add users fails with this
message:

Using template './uss.template'
Adding user 'test' to the Protection DB
./uss: no quorum elected while accessing Protection Server
./uss: Failed to add user 'test' to the Protection DB

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I restarted the servers using bos
restart, as it said in the IBM documentation. Even a reboot of both
servers did not help.

Thanks,

Nicholas