[OpenAFS] case insensitivity in PTS names

Ted Anderson ota@transarc.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:03:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:22:20 -0700 "Shyh-Wei Luan" <luan@almaden.ibm.com> wrote:
> What is the rationale for the PTS names to be case insensitive,

I don't know.  I found code in ptuser.c:pr_CreateUser and in
ptprocs.c:WhoIsThis that lower case the names.  This feature is as old
as the hills; it was in the oldest code I could find:
    ptuser.c,v 2.11 1991/08/09 13:32:26 vasilis
    ptprocs.c,v 2.6 1991/08/09 13:32:21 vasilis

My guess is that Sherri Nichols just thought it would reduce user
problems and confusion.  I don't remember any discussion of it, but that
doesn't say much.

Ted Anderson