[OpenAFS] ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Invalid argument

Marc Schmitt schmitt@inf.ethz.ch
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:01:31 +0200

Hi all,

I just noticed a small problem of OpenAFS (tested under RedHat 6.2,
2.2.19-6.2.1, OpenAFS 1.0.4-22.2).

I have an image file that contains an ext2 filesystem, which resides in
AFS. I try to mount it over a loop device:

[root@ikarus linux]# file somefile.img
somefile.img: Linux/i386 ext2 filesystem
[root@ikarus linux]# mount -o loop somefile.img /mnt/jaz/
ioctl: LOOP_SET_FD: Invalid argument
[root@ikarus linux]# cp somefile.img /tmp/
[root@ikarus linux]# mount -o loop /tmp/somefile.img /mnt/jaz/
[root@ikarus linux]# ls /mnt/jaz/
bin  etc  linuxrc     mnt   sbin    tmp  var
dev  lib  lost+found  proc  tftprc  usr  zip

I know, it`s not a big deal that it doesn`t work. Just thought I`d
report it. The same procedure works flawlessly under RedHat 7.1
(2.4.3-12, OpenAFS 1.1.1-24.4), by the way. Thus it seems to be a kernel
2.2.x specific problem.

Regards,
	Marc