[OpenAFS] Disconnected Operation, anyone? ;-)

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:59:11 +0200

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Hiho!

I read on this page: http://www.openafs.org/projects.html
----------------
The following are items known to be in progress, and, where available, a po=
int of contact.

Disconnected AFS Operations

    Provides the ability to use AFS while not connected to a network.
[...]
----------------

That would be *so* sweet for my laptop! :) Apparently there's no point
of contact, so i'm asking on this list for a status report. Any
volunteers needed for testing? (Hint, hint!)

Just to prevent two certain kinds of helpful comments:

- I tried to use arla which supposedly supports disconnected operation,
  but it only works quite nicely when connected, but fails miserably
  when i issue a "fs connect disconnected" and then try to write a
  file (The written file disappears after i reconnect.)

- Before that i tried coda, which works quite nicely in disconnected
  mode but fails at anything else (No kidding. The server crashed when
  i tried to unpack a large tarfile). But the user tools are nice. The
  hoard command provides a nice and userfriendly interface for coda's
  hoarding feature.

Has anyone tried Alternatives and found them to be functional?

Cheerio
	Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--