[OpenAFS] Problem on a AFS client after a power failure

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 12:21:29 +0000

Giovanni Bracco wrote:

>I have a Linux box with Red Hat 7.2, openafs client  1.2.3.
>It has run smoothly for months but at the reboot after a main power failure
>afs was not able to restart again with the message:
>
>afsd: can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
>
>Clearing the cache and  reinstalling afs did non help.
>File system has been checked successfully.
>
>Any suggestions?

Ciao Giovanni,

First off, I would make sure that your TCP/IP connectivity is OK.
Next, I would check local client configuration files like: CellServDB,
ThisCell and finally /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc.afs.

The other thing you might consider is installing a newer version
of OpenAFS. I believe it's at version 1.2.8 now.

By installing afresh, you would have some certainty that
the OpenAFS package files are OK plus you would get some bugfixes.

HTH.
--
cheers
paul                                  http://acm.org/~mpb