[OpenAFS] Roaming Windows Profiles

Rhett Butler rhett.butler@duke.edu
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:23:30 -0500

--On Wednesday, February 05, 2003 5:01 PM -0500 Stephen Joyce
<stephen@physics.unc.edu> wrote:

> 	Certain files, like MS office docs, shouldn't be opened directly
> 		out of AFS due to assumptions about byte-range locking
> 		which AFS doesn't support... so access to non-roaming
> 		space is still required.

Is this still an issue?  We used to get complaints about Office files in
AFS but we haven't seen any problems with this in months....  We're still
using 1.2.somethingorother in our labs.  Maybe newer versions of Office
play a bit nicer?  I'd find that hard to believe.  :-)

Thanks,
Rhett