[OpenAFS] openafs panic after chroot

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:00:38 -0500

--On Monday, February 10, 2003 12:38:32 -0500 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
wrote:

> Seems odd to me that your reclaim vnode op does nothing.
I am not using system vnodes (getnewvnode()), so I must prevent vfree()
from ever being called on one of my vnodes. That means preventing vgone()
and vget() from being used as well. If vgone is never called, then it
doesn't matter that VOP_RECLAIM does nothing,since it will never be used.

Of course, I cannot currently remember how this is done anymore. It used to
be done by having all the files have an extra ref, but that changed at some
point

> The NetBSD code from which Darwin was derived had a bug in it that I just
> Fixed in the OpenBSD version.  I don't know enough about Darwin to say
> whether this is a problem for you.
I did not derive the darwin afs code from netbsd afs code. There was no
netbsd code when I was doing the darwin port.