[OpenAFS] verifying ro volumes are not taking up extra space

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Feb 2003 19:20:22 -0500

Hi,

First, please CC openafs-info on your responses to me....

Lee Damon <nomad@crow.ee.washington.edu> writes:

> The metric was df.
>
> [root@kite root]# df -k /vicepc
> Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sdd1             35001508  31219124   2004392  94% /vicepc
>
> [root@harrier root]# df -k /vicepc
> Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sdd1             35001508  17340848  15882668  53% /vicepc
>
> (kite is slightly less full now as I've been doing vos moves to
> free up some space.)

These numbers do not add up to the "vos listvol" numbers you sent
out -- are you sure you are looking at exact replica partitions?
Perhaps there is something stored on the local file system on one of
the machines?

-derek