[OpenAFS] problems configuring openafs on linux

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:20:35 -0400

Temp,

Why don't you read YOUR comment, then think and write about how
insulting it is to those of us who spend countless hours answering
questions FOR FREE.  I'm sorry, but calling us "lame" and "lazy" is
rather insulting.  It's CERTAINLY not a way to win friends and
influence people.  Frankly, this has nothing to do with being nice --
this has everything to do with responding to an insult from an
ungrateful user on a FREE support line.

If you want to call me "lame" and "lazy", I'd appreciate it if you're
paying me my consulting rate of $250/hr.  While you're paying me that
then you can call me those names as much as you want.  However in FREE
support channels it is usually expected that you're nice to the people
there, and try hard not to be insulting.

As for the other people on this list who provide a valuable service to
the community (again, FOR FREE), I don't think ANY of them are either
lame or lazy.  Busy?  Yea.  But not lame or lazy.  It's easy to miss a
single-line error in 100 lines of data.

-derek