[OpenAFS] Help: intermittent fileservice hangs

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:43:20 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:

> I'm in the process of moving most of my servers from FDDI to 100MB
> ethernet, because I get communication failures on vos releases and
> I have no network statistics on the FDDI.  afs-10, however, is already

communication failures on vos releases aren't your network. they're the
fileserver breaking callbacks inline during the release, and the single
threaded interface between the volserver and the fileserver.

> >> I'm sure this is at least part of my problem, is there a way to fix it
> >> or raise the limits?
> >
> >i don't think it's your problem.
>
> Thoughts?

only the ones i gave you.