[OpenAFS] Help: intermittent fileservice hangs

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia@gendalia.org
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:51:40 -0600

In message <20040204020008.0AD9A209AA@citi.umich.edu>, Jim Rees writes:
>This looks similar to a problem I reported a couple months ago.  In that
>case the client was at my house at the end of a dsl line, but I think the
>server was getting confused because there were several clients at the same
>ip address (via nat).  I see that some of your clients are not at port 7001.
>Are they by any chance behind a nat?

Our biggest volume clients are our webmail servers, which are behind a
load balancer.  It is not a NAT, but some of the machines with a non-7001
port are the webmail servers.

Some of the addresse are cable modems, one is in a co-worker's office
down the hall.

-Tracy