[OpenAFS] 'split' a tree of directory into volumes?

Michael Loftis mloftis@wgops.com
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:14:18 -0700

OK I have a large number of directories, in this case a dated archive, it's
all been in one volume for quite some time, but now that volume is
unmanageably large.  Going forward I can easily vos create and fs mkmount,
but for the existing stuff I was wondeirng if anyone wrote a scrip to take
a tree of directories and split them into volumes?

If not I'll hack something together, just seems like someone already did
this....

Currently it looks something like this:
<volume>  <dirs>
archvol--+20020101
         +20020102
         +20020103

I want to split all those dirs into their own volumes then fs mkmount them
back into their original places so I end up with a number of much smaller
volumes.

Thanks in advance all!!!

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you