[OpenAFS] Re: Website files in AFS

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:22:17 -0500

Here, to run apache inside a pag with tokens, we did 3 things:

1. edit the httpd init script to use pagsh as the shell (1st line) - this will
start apache inside its own pag and means you can service start/restart httpd
2. put the password for webuser in a root restricted file
3. in the init script, pass contents of file to a program called "reauth" ..

reauth gets tokens inside pag already set up, and every x seconds, will renew
those tokens.

For users to access afs files through apache, we use a system which uses
perl/php and fires off a new pag with that user's tokens. See recent
openafs-announce announcement and d/l from:
http://cf.ccmr.cornell.edu/publicdownloads/afs/ccmr-afs-webauth.tar.gz
(if you are interested, I can provide more details privately on how the pag
thing in the webauth pkg works)