[OpenAFS] New "feature" of fs setacl....removal of obsolete entries?

Renata Maria Dart Renata Maria Dart <renata@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:35:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi, we recently (since we upgraded our db servers to 1.2.11 ?) started
noticing a change in the 'fs setacl' command.  If an acl contains
a user entry which no longer exists in the pts database, for example
the entry for number 4079 in the following output:

renata@victoria $ 11:25 fs listacl .
Access list for . is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  harold rli
  4079 rlidwka

an fs setacl command applied to that directory now removes the obsolete
entry, even though the fs setacl command does not specifically make that
change.  For example,

  fs setacl . harold rlidwk

applied to the entry with the above acl would end up as:

Access list for . is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  harold rlidwk

In addition to the change requested, the 4079 entry has been removed,
even though the fs setacl did not request that.  I would like to verify
that this is a new  "feature" and not aberrant behavior on the part of
fs setacl.

Thanks,

Renata

 Renata Dart                         | renata@SLAC.Stanford.edu
 Stanford Linear Accelerator Center  |
 2575 Sand Hill Road, MS 97          | (650) 926-2848 (office)
 Stanford, California   94025        | (650) 926-3329 (fax)