[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:35:17 -0500

While true in theory, the question is will Red Hat, Debian, SuSE,
Mandrake, Gentoo, et. al. ship 2.6 kernels pre-built with LSM enabled?
Does the Fedora-Core-2-beta 2.6 kernel have LSM enabled?  (I have not
looked, don't have an FC-2-beta machine to play with, and don't intend
to build one at the moment).

If there is a very high probability that the major distros will enable
LSM by default, then it's probably worthwhile to go that route.  OTOH
if they don't plan to enable LSM by default, we're still in the same
position of requiring users to rebuild their own kernel.

-derek