[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 01:17:31 +0100

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

Hi!

Derek Atkins schrieb:
> While true in theory, the question is will Red Hat, Debian, SuSE,
> Mandrake, Gentoo, et. al. ship 2.6 kernels pre-built with LSM enabled?
> Does the Fedora-Core-2-beta 2.6 kernel have LSM enabled?  (I have not
> looked, don't have an FC-2-beta machine to play with, and don't intend
> to build one at the moment).

That's not 100% sure, but since SuSE 9.0 ships with OpenAFS, SuSE 9.1
might, too, and they had better enable it in their kernel packages in
that case.

With debian the case might be similar, since they also have OpenAFS at
least in unstable.

(It also seems to be the case with gentoo, from what I hear.)

Currently, having to miss out on linux 2.6 if you want AFS is no biggy
imho, but the pains will grow as soon as 2.6 becomes more widely
spread.

Best regards
Friedel
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--