[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

John C. Welch jwelch@bynkii.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:46:12 -0600

On 2/19/04 9:35 AM, "Hendrik Hoeth" <hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch> wrote:

>> I don't want to sound like I'm flamming or anything, but it's sad to
>> see a project have it's technical decisions governed by the lowest
>> skills set of it's user base (aka I can't compile my own kernels).
>
> It's not that we can't compile our own kernels. It's just that doing
> that for 50 which are all different is a real pain.

It's also a sign that OpenAFS is "growing up" when the very smart people
using it expect it to work without having to rebuild the kernel on
production servers.

john

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com              Mac and other opinions