[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Holger Brueckner brueckner@net-labs.de
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:25:15 +0100

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 16:35, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Thus spake Timothee Besset (ttimo@idsoftware.com):
>
> > I don't want to sound like I'm flamming or anything, but it's sad to
> > see a project have it's technical decisions governed by the lowest
> > skills set of it's user base (aka I can't compile my own kernels).
>
> It's not that we can't compile our own kernels. It's just that doing
> that for 50 which are all different is a real pain.

so then why can't you recompile the kernel with standard distribution
setting (so they'll work on ever of your machines) with just a small
modification so that afs will also work ?

it's just a matter of about 5 minutes to change a kernel setting and
wait for some minute for the package to build.

Holger