[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Timothee Besset ttimo@idsoftware.com
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:19:37 +0100

I don't think arguments about production servers are relevant really. We
are talking about AFS in 2.6 kernels, which doesn't exist in any form
currently, so talking about "production" is way too early.

When/if 2.6 support happens, it will have to go through a developement
path, it will have to be a testing/experimental thing for some time. For
everyone concerned about production use, I would say "the earlier the
better" instead of "if it's not production, it's not good". Cause things
don't reach production grade magically. Someone has to live on the edge
and run it on test servers first.

TTimo