[OpenAFS] Windows AFS client

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:11:17 -0700

I responded to Mr Rozinov privately on this matter.  I thought I might
be usefull to report that I have seen the behavior as well in verious
version of openafs 1.2.x.

What we see:
  1) user gets afs tokens
  2) user may or may not use gui to create a submount to afs
  3) user is permitted
Next day
  4) user gets afs tokens
  5) uses preexisting submounts - remaps drive
  6) access is denied.
  7) user check, tokens, confirms they have afs tokens
  8) still no access
  9) in desparation, we restart the afs service, reauthenticate, and
  now we have tokens AND access

but gut instinct tells me this is a problem with the smbserver portion
of the of openafs.. but since I'm no system programmer...