[OpenAFS] Linux kernel 2.6 & AFS

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:13:22 -0600

I've seen some discussion about openafs on the 2.6 kernel, and how long
it will take to get anything working.

Has anyone had a discussion with dhowells (who wrote the 2.6 in-kernel
afs implementation) about using kafs along with the openafs client
utilities (such as 'fs', 'aklog', & friends?)

I kinda suspect it might actually be faster to get this working than to
try to rewrite PAG and pioctl handling. (which nobody seems to have time
to do, or if they do, they aren't talking about it)

At the very least, there ought to be some more communication going on
here.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz