[OpenAFS] qmail and user mail accounts in AFS

John Bucy bucy@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:45:37 -0500

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:34:16PM +0100, Michael Raitza wrote:
> I've set up an AFS cell housing the user accounts. Now I ran into trouble
> with qmail delivering mail improperly. I've tried to find information about
> that issue in the archives but there's nothing very specific.
>
> Has anyone got qmail working with delivering mail directly into AFS?

You can't have cross-directory hard links in afs which is how maildir
delivery normally works.  The standard fix is to replace the
link/link/unlink dance in qmail-local.c with rename().  Any other
maildir-aware software (e.g. imapd) will probably need to be similarly
fixed.

john