[OpenAFS] qmail and user mail accounts in AFS

Brian Huntley bhuntley@clarkson.edu
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:04:24 -0500

--=_alternative 0068C61F85256E43_=

We delivered all of our users' email directly into AFS for several years
using qmail.... We modified it for a variety of site-specific needs, but
included in that was making it such that delivering into a maildir-format
inbox didn't require a hardlink across directories, which AFS forbids. All
of our mods were based on qmail 1.03.  Is this the problem you are having?

Best,
Brian
--
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology

"Michael Raitza" <m.raitza@gmx.net>
Sent by: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
02/23/2004 13:34

openafs-info@openafs.org
cc

Subject
[OpenAFS] qmail and user mail accounts in AFS

I've set up an AFS cell housing the user accounts. Now I ran into trouble
with qmail delivering mail improperly. I've tried to find information
about
that issue in the archives but there's nothing very specific.

Has anyone got qmail working with delivering mail directly into AFS?

Regards Michael

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel
+++

--=_alternative 0068C61F85256E43_=

directly into AFS for several years using qmail.... We modified it for
a variety of site-specific needs, but included in that was making it such
that delivering into a maildir-format inbox didn't require a hardlink across
directories, which AFS forbids. &nbsp; &nbsp;All of our mods were based
on qmail 1.03. &nbsp;Is this the problem you are having?</font>
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator<br>
Office of Information Technology<br>
Clarkson University<br>
bhuntley@clarkson.edu -- 315.268.6723<br>
&quot;UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends
are.&quot;<br>
&lt;m.raitza@gmx.net&gt;</b> </font>
mail accounts in AFS</font></table>
Now I ran into trouble<br>
with qmail delivering mail improperly. I've tried to find information about<br>
that issue in the archives but there's nothing very specific. <br>
Has anyone got qmail working with delivering mail directly into AFS?<br>
Regards Michael<br>
-- <br>
GMX ProMail (250 MB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS, Virenschutz, 2,99 EUR/Monat...)<br>
jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel
+++<br>