[OpenAFS] qmail and user mail accounts in AFS

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:33:57 -0600

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:34:16PM +0100, Michael Raitza wrote:
> I've set up an AFS cell housing the user accounts. Now I ran into trouble
> with qmail delivering mail improperly. I've tried to find information about
> that issue in the archives but there's nothing very specific.
>
> Has anyone got qmail working with delivering mail directly into AFS?

I'm delivering mail into AFS with courier-mta and maildrop, and serving
it up via courier-imap.

Courier needed some patches to deal with AFS not supporting
cross-directory hard links. These patches should be in the latest
courier snapshots.

I have a script that starts up courier-imap and courier-mta with tokens
for a user called 'mail' that has ACL's for all the user's maildirs.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz