[OpenAFS] Tiger rc6 aklog and alternate service name

Enrico M. V. Fasanelli Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli@le.infn.it
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:39:42 +0100

--------------090203040003030904060002

Hi all,

I just installed 1.4.1-rc6 on my Tiger (10.4.4 on PowerPC PowerBook) and
tried to get my AFS token using aklog. The result is:

    pathfinder:~ enrico$ aklog -d
    Authenticating to cell le.infn.it (server afs01.le.infn.it).
    We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm LE.INFN.IT.
    Getting tickets: afs/le.infn.it@LE.INFN.IT
    Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328324
    aklog: Couldn't get le.infn.it AFS tickets:
    aklog: Generic error (see e-text) while getting AFS tickets

It seems that this version of aklog is not able to switch to the
alternate AFS service name in the form afs/@LE.INFN.IT, while the one
coming with the openafs-1.4.0-8.SL (Scientific Linux) distribution works
  as I expect:

    [enrico@pluto ~]$ aklog -d
    Authenticating to cell le.infn.it (server afs01.le.infn.it).
    We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm LE.INFN.IT.
    Getting tickets: afs/le.infn.it@LE.INFN.IT
    Principal not found, trying alternate service name: afs/@LE.INFN.IT
    About to resolve name enrico to id in cell le.infn.it.
    Id 20207
    Set username to AFS ID 20207
    Setting tokens. AFS ID 20207 /  @ LE.INFN.IT

Is it a bug or a feature?

Ciao,
	Enrico

--------------090203040003030904060002

begin:vcard
fn:Enrico M. V. Fasanelli
n:Fasanelli;Enrico M. V.
org:I.N.F.N. - Sezione di Lecce;Servizio Calcolo & Reti
adr:Via Provinciale Lecce-Arnesano;;c/o Dipartimento di Fisica;Lecce;LE;73100;Italia
email;internet:Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli@le.infn.it
tel;work:+39 0832 29 7442
tel;fax:+39 0832 29 7442
x-mozilla-html:FALSE