[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS + Kerb5

Jeff Blaine jblaine@mitre.org
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:50:52 -0500

> You'll have to talk to whoever packaged your binary version of OpenAFS;
> that's not something I control (I don't know what operating system
> you're using, for example).  I know that aklog is in the binary
> distribution for MacOS X and some versions of Linux.  Depending on your
> platform, the issue may be that there is no standard Kerberos V library
> on that system.  If that's the case, you may have to compile things
> from source.

Solaris 9 SPARC, so I assume that would be Nickolai Zeldovich
according to http://www.openafs.org/credits.html ... I guess
I'll just google search and see if I can dig up his email
address?

Building from source leads me to a bunch of hardcoded compiler
assumptions in ./configure, which are not overridable by
environment variables in my shell.  Is this the state of
building OpenAFS from source, or am I simply overlooking
something? :(

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
# make
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc  -O -I/export/home/src/openafs-1.4.1-rc7/include
-I. -dy -Bdynamic -I. -c ./config.c
make[3]: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc: Command not found