[OpenAFS] cache problems in cluster environment

Thomas Sesselmann thomas.sesselmann@kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:48:36 +0200

--------------enig407B6EBDA465A7263D6DD14E

Hello,

Thomas Sesselmann schrieb:
> I found the potential issue, i think.
> The UUID for the client (cache manager) isn't calculated:
>=20
> 'cmdebug <client> -addr' shows:
> UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-00-00-000000000000
> Host interfaces:
> Capabilities:
> Error Translation

to fast ... :-/

I read a changelog of a new OpenAFS package...

I have to install a new version of OpenAFS, haven't I?

-------
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-6) unstable; urgency=3Dlow

  * Apply upstream patch for the OpenAFS file server to treat clients tha=
    have an all-zero UUID as if they don't have UUID support, working
    around bugs in various client versions that can cause multipleupstrea=
m patch for the OpenAFS file server to treat clients that
    have an all-zero UUID as if they don't have UUID support, working
    around bugs in various client versions that can cause multiple hosts
    to use all-zero UUIDs and conflict with each other. hosts
    to use all-zero UUIDs and conflict with each other.
[...]
 -- Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>  Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:54:00 -0700
[...]
openafs (1.4.4.dfsg1-3) unstable; urgency=3Dlow

  * Always generate a UUID on client startup even if for some reason we
    don't think we have any network interfaces.  Otherwise, the client
    will use an all-zeroes UUID, which will collide with every other
    client with the same problem.
[...]
-------

best regards

Thomas Sesselmann

--=20
Dipl.-Inf. Thomas Sesselmann         __O
Kirchhoff-Institut f=FCr Physik      _\-<,
Universit=E4t Heidelberg           _(_)/(_)_
INF227 / D-69120 Heidelberg
Tel.:   +49/6221/54-9132
E-Mail: Thomas.Sesselmann@kip.uni-heidelberg.de
gpg-key: 0x9392E54B  or finger -l tsesselm@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de