[OpenAFS] UFS logging on Solaris - could this cause volumes to go offline and salvager to dump core

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:50:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Andrew Cobaugh wrote:

> I can't find any reference to UFS logging on Solaris past 2004 in the
> archives (unless I'm not looking hard enough). Is it safe to turn on
> logging on ufs under Solaris these days?

Not unless you use namei. And it never will be.

Don't use logging ufs with the inode fileserver. Don't bother trying. It
can't be fixed; the inode bits will never be extra again. It won't work.