[OpenAFS] Recovering data from volumes after loss of cell

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 22:32:06 +0200 (CEST)

> data on them by attaching one of them to my desktop machine, but it's
> currently all in the form of numerically-numbered .vol files and
> cryptically-named directories and files.

My guess is that the fastet way to get back your files is to start a
very small AFS server install on your desktop.

Armin> If you run bosserver with -noauth you
Armin> should be able to skip the Kerberos setup.

All the servers can be run in noauth which should do if you firewall
yourself (like pulling the network cable during the operation).

Harald.