[OpenAFS] Recovering data from volumes after loss of cell

Richard Eggert richard.eggert+afs@gmail.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:16:28 -0400

------=_Part_59306_22011405.1219011388581

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Is there a way to set up the server to use the existing volume files, or do
I have to use voldump?  If the latter is the case, then is there a Windows
version of voldump (I haven't been able to find it after installing on my
Windows desktop), or do I have to use Linux (which I can do, but for some
reason SuSe isn't recognizing that the disk is attached, so I'd have to use
a roundabout method to copy the files over to where SuSe can find them).

Rich

--
Rich

------=_Part_59306_22011405.1219011388581

&gt; currently all in the form of numerically-numbered .vol files and<br>
&gt; cryptically-named directories and files.<br>
very small AFS server install on your desktop.<br>
Armin&gt; If you run bosserver with -noauth you<br>
Armin&gt; should be able to skip the Kerberos setup.<br>
All the servers can be run in noauth which should do if you firewall<br>
yourself (like pulling the network cable during the operation).<br>
Harald.<br>

------=_Part_59306_22011405.1219011388581--